Employer: The Strait of Canso Yacht Club Society
Location: Port Hawkesbury
Date Posted: May 16, 2018
Job Type: Student full-time (term) 10 weeks (35-40 hours/week)
Hours of operation 8am-8pm: employees could work 3 days on/ 3 days off. Schedule yet to be determined.
Apply by Email: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: June 1, 2018
The Strait of Canso Yacht Club operates a full service marina facility on the Port Hawkesbury waterfront. The marina has floating docks with water and power at dockside for both members and visiting boaters and a modern clubhouse equipped with kitchen, bathrooms, showers, laundry and computers. In 2017, the marina welcomed over 130 visiting boats from all over North America and was “port of entry” for one boat from Europe. The marina attendant will be involved in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the marina and will be the face of Nova Scotia and Port Hawkesbury for the captains and crewmembers of all visiting vessels. The successful candidate will have an exciting and rewarding experience that will be an asset for a lifetime.
Eligibility: The student must be a full-time student in an accredited post-secondary institution returning to their studies in the fall or a graduating grade 12 student who is enrolled full-time in a university or college program in the coming fall term.
- Friendly, people-oriented, self-motivated team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Responsible, dependable
- Excellent communication skills
- Prioritize and organizational skills an asset
- Self-starter with initiative
- Maintain the physical appearance of all marina areas, including the grounds, bathrooms, laundry facilities, docks and clubhouse.
- Operate and sell fuel, complying with all technical standards & safety regulations regarding the safe operation of a fuel station.
- Register visiting boaters and collect fees.
- Assist all boats in docking and casting off and maintain good public relations with all marina patrons, including monitoring the marine radio and answering phone calls.
- Report and handle all daily cash transactions including bank deposits.
- Other related tasks as required.
All training will be provided.