Employer: Secrets Spa & Hair Design
Location: Port Hawkesbury
Date Posted: June 6, 2018
Interested in a job that lets you spend your work hours bathed in soothing music, soft lighting and scented oils? Massage therapy offers some sweet and exotic working conditions: calm work environments and a job that is focused entirely on relaxation and health.Interested in a job that lets you spend your work hours bathed in soothing music, soft lighting and scented oils? Massage therapy offers some sweet and exotic working conditions: calm work environments and a job that is focused entirely on relaxation and health. Join Secrets Spa & Hair Design’s professional team of experts! Secrets Spa & Hair Design, one of the top-rated day spa, located in Reeves Street Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia Canada is currently hiring qualified candidate for a Registered Massage Therapist. We are a Day Spa that provides outstanding services to a discerning clientele from different parts of Nova Scotia.
In this Position you will:
- Provide 30,60, 90min different kinds of massages (such as, Hot Stone, Sports Deep tissue, Relaxation, Shiatsu, Swedish).• Talk with clients about symptoms, medical history, and desired results.
- Evaluate clients to locate painful or tense areas of the body.
- Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body.
- Provide clients with guidance on stretching, strengthening, overall relaxation, and how to improve their posture
- Document client’s condition and progress.
- Handle guests’ queries and concerns efficiently and politely.
- Uphold the standards of hygiene and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Provides exact, suitable and instant responses to all requests by guests.
- Possess the aptitude to work with no direct supervision. a constructive attitude and add toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly present at, take part in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Help in all areas of spa operation as requested by organization.
- Perform prep work, correctly clean and restock room as necessary.
- Communicate to administration any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that need concentration.
- Actively support the spa, treatments, services and retail, in addition to programs, promotions and/or discounts obtainable.
- Converse to management any and all occurrences connecting staff or guests in the spa that require notice.
- Efficiently inform and teach guests concerning specific wellness concerns.
- Be flexible with schedule, at the bottom of the needs of the spa.
- Have ability to upsell clients.
- Positive attitude. Team player.
You can look forward to a competitive compensation structure:• Starting at CAD $19.50 to $24.50/hour in Bi-weekly basis (depends on experience) plus products commission,2. 4% Vacation Pay, 40% Discounts on products and services & other employee discount programs and benefits.3. Group Health Insurance Benefits.• Growing with ongoing training. Participating in wellness days and team events.• Working within a team that’s open to new ideas, and like a family that’s open to new members.• Massage bed/chair and all equipment, products & supplies provided.• Energetic and friendly relaxed environment. Competitive wages and multiple avenues for increased pay• Bonus potential and employee incentive programs.
WHO MUST APPLY:
- You must possess strong “WORK ETHICS”.
- (For Canadians) Must possess a current and valid Registration for Massage Therapy (MTANS-Massage Therapy Association of Nova Scotia or MTWPAM-Massage Therapists and Wholistic Practitioners of the Maritimes.
- Be able to Direct Bill major Massage Insurances.
- (For Foreign Workers) Must undergo process to become a Registered Massage Therapist with Massage Therapy Association of Nova Scotia (MTANS) in a year from first day of work.
- Be able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Strong communication and excellent customer service skills are always a plus!
- Must adhere to local and state licensing/certification laws and regulations.Required education: Diploma/Certificate/Apprentice or equivalent experience.
At Secrets Spa & Hair Design, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it.! Secrets Spa is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, or marital status.
Please drop off complete portfolio/resume in person at 830 Reeves Street, Port Hawkesbury, NS or by email send it to firstname.lastname@example.org