Employer: Eastern Counties Regional Library
Date Posted: October 11, 2018
Eastern Counties Regional Library is looking for a responsible person who enjoys working independently and travelling locally to join our team!
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for packing and transporting books from our Headquarters (HQ) location in Mulgrave, NS, to our various branches located in Guysborough, Inverness and Richmond Counties on a weekly basis
- Responsible for receiving books from these locations and ensuring they reach their specified destination in a timely manner
- Responsible for shelving Library materials at our HQ location and ensuring the collection is in proper order
- A valid Nova Scotia driver’s license and clean driving abstract for 5 years
- Minimum Nova Scotia Grade 12 or equivalent
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and make decisions without close supervision• Ability to lift and move boxes weighting up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, and lift to retrieve and shelve materials
- Library technician certificate, or other relevant post-secondary education
- Delivery driver experience
- Notable Physical/Mental Demands of this Position:A significant amount of mobility, strength, flexibility, and coordination is needed to perform the duties such as shelving, packing/unpacking boxes, and preparing large numbers of boxes (up to 20 lbs each).
This position is permanent part-time, with a minimum of 21 hours per week. Hours of work may include evenings, and Saturdays.
Posted: Oct 10, 2018Closing date: Until filled Job Classification: Library Assistant Level 1Reports to: CEO/Chief Librarian Salary: $14.72/hr plus benefits Only those applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Eastern Counties Regional Library reserves the right to withdraw the competition if a suitable candidate cannot be found. Please submit a cover letter stating your qualifications and interest in the position with a resume and three work references to:
Laura Emery Chief Librarian Eastern Counties Regional Library P. O. Bag 2500, Mulgrave, NS B0E 2G0 FAX: 747-2500