Highland Grow Inc. Antigonish, NS
Reflective of the beautiful and rugged northern Nova Scotia terrain, Highland Grow Inc. is a local Cannabis Licensed Producer near Antigonish that operates under the Cannabis Act and Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR).
We are currently recruiting for a Security Guard – come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Antigonish, NS.
Available Shifts: Afternoons/Nights
(Shifts will be discussed in the interview process)
Highland Grow Inc. is seeking a Security Guard. Working under the Head of Security and other security team members, the Security Guard is responsible for following the defined Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and Security Protocols that ensure the safeguarding of all company assets and company personal. With an eye for detail, security guards ensure that the facility is secure at all times and that company assets are kept secure by anti-theft measures. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, patient and able to work in a sometimes-fast pace working environment and be able to adapt to constantly changing technology.
• Maintaining compliance with the Cannabis laws (Cannabis Act and ACMPR), Health Canada regulations and company policies and standards
• Contribute to ongoing development activities of the company and its brand
• Contribute to the company achieving its gross revenue and net operating income objectives
• Contribute to the general business development efforts of the company by representing the company positively
• Contribute expertise in a team-based work setting
• Conduct physical surveys of the premises, including but not limited to security of company grounds, building, equipment, physical assets, and personal
• Enforce property rules, city by-laws, and other applicable laws
• Deter and respond to incidents on company property
• Maintain a presence to ensure the safety and security of all company assets, including persons on site
• Prepare reports relating to any potential or actual losses or violations of company regulations, policies and procedures
• Respond to, report and/or escalate matters involving public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security at the company and/ or company personnel to company management in a timely fashion
• Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
• Review reports on incidents and breaches
• Investigate and proactively resolve issues
• Create reports for management on security status or issues
• Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
• Monitor CCTV cameras and be able to conduct investigations using all security tools available
• Work environment can be slow and fast paced, be able to work and react to both
• Lifting up to 50 lbs when required, and when receiving shipments
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Ability to perform a series of repetitive operations requiring attention to detail and visual acuity
• Might be required to work overtime as needed
• Must be able to provide a clear criminal record check
• Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines when working on reports or projects
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently and as a team member
• WHMIS and First Aid training an asset
• Previous experience in security considered an asset
• Understanding of computers, Microsoft Office considered an asset
• Understanding of CCTV systems and card access systems considered an asset
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jacob Cooke, Head Of Security (email@example.com) and Frank MacMaster, President (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Job Posting-Security Guard”.