If you are attending Air Show Cape Breton, hosted by Celtic Air Services, on Wednesday May 30, here are some things you need to know:
Driving & Parking
You are strongly encouraged to car-pool to reduce congestion.
For parking pass holders, please allow for sufficient time to drive to the airport and to park. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed.
6 free shuttles will be leaving from the Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre starting at 3pm (and throughout the evening, there is no cutoff time) Parking will be available in the Provincial Building (Nova Scotia Building) lot. At the end of the night, they will continue to run until everyone is back to the Civic Center.
If you have an accessibility parking pass or have purchased a VIP parking pass, you will be permitted to park at the airport. Please allow for sufficient time to drive to the airport and to park. Traffic control will be on site. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed. There will be no parking on highway 105.
Air show parking passes will need to be purchased in advance and need to be scanned by parking attendants at both sites before entry will be granted. There will be no tickets sold at the airport the day of the show.
There will be no parking permitted on the highway
- Gates open at 3pm. There will be displays and planes available for viewing.
- The Canadian Forces Snowbirds will march out just after 5pm and the show will begin near 5:45. The airshow will be 35-45 minutes long. After the airshow, they will land and come into the crowd for autographs.
- No pets permitted with the exception of certified service animals
- There will be no smoking except for the designated areas. Look for the signs
- No narcotics or illegal substances are permitted
- No alcohol
- No drones, laser pointers or balloons of any kind
- No littering. There will be dozens of trash and recycling cans throughout the grounds. Any litter remaining on the ground can potentially cause what is known as Foreign Object Damage. FOD has the potential to cause damage to an aircraft
- Food or drinks should not be within ten feet of any aircraft
- There will be 4 food vendors onsite during the show. Not all vendors will have debit machines so please bring cash for any purchases
- You are encouraged to bring a folding lawn chair and ear protection
- You may bring your own food & drinks (non-alcoholic)
- The ATV trails around the Port Hawkesbury airport will be off limits for the duration of the show
- Live music with EastBound (Krista and Jay Luddington)
- Ask before touching any airplane. Please don’t lean against or set anything against an airplane at any time.
If you lose your group in the crowd, The Hawk Hut will be set up & staffed all night, come see us