Nova Scotia is reporting 10 new cases of COVID-19 and five recoveries.
There are five new cases in Central Zone. Four of the cases are close contacts of previously reported cases. One is related to travel.
Four cases are in Eastern Zone. Three of the cases are close contacts of previously reported cases and one is under investigation.
One new case is in Western Zone and is related to travel.
There is limited community spread in Central Zone. Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.
“Thank you, Nova Scotians. A low case count is a reflection of all of us placing the safety of friends, families and our province first to reduce the spread of COVID-19,” said Premier Iain Rankin. “Remember to get tested regularly as that is key to containing this virus and follow the protocols as you are out and around enjoying the weekend.”
As of today, Nova Scotia has 145 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, 10 people are in hospital COVID-19 units, including six in ICU. The median age of people hospitalized in the third wave is 53 for non-ICU and 55 for people in ICU.
On June 11, Nova Scotia Health Authority’s labs completed 5,399 tests.
“We are moving in the right direction to keep this virus at bay,” said Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health. “The way out of this virus is by working together. I encourage everyone to continue following the public health measures, getting tested regularly and getting two doses of vaccine.”
Since April 1, there have been 3,994 positive COVID-19 cases and 23 deaths. Cases range in age from under 10 to over 90. There are 3,826 resolved cases. Cumulative cases may change as data is updated in Panorama.