The province opens to the rest of the country Wednesday.
Phase three of the provincial re-opening plan starts at 8 a.m.
Self-isolation requirements depend on vaccination status- someone with both doses at least two weeks before arrival doesn’t have to self-isolate, but testing is still recommended upon arrival.
Indoor gathering limits increase to a household plus 10, while 25 people can gather outdoors without social distancing.
Dr. Robert Strang, the province’s chief medical officer of health, says we’re on a good path.
“We’re opening up the province some more,” he says. “I know some people want to move more quickly, but our steady and cautious approach has kept us safe so far.”
Meanwhile, the rules will change for people coming from New Brunswick- they don’t need to self-isolate, just like anyone else coming in from the Atlantic region.
Strang says case numbers remain low in both provinces.
“We’re really not taking on any substantive risk by treating them fairly,” he said. “It doesn’t make a lot of sense if somebody came from New Brunswick on Monday, has to do 14 days (of self-isolation) versus somebody comes on Wednesday, and doesn’t have to do anything.”
There is one new case of COVID-19 in the province, a close contact in the eastern zone.
Seven recoveries bring active cases down to 51 province-wide; two people are in hospital.
Provincial labs processed 2,399 tests Monday.